Ask singer songwriter Shannon Curtis about the key to her success as an independent musician, and she’ll tell you — literally — to hit the road. She’ll encourage you to start touring with the help of your audience.
- Touring is the best way to interact with your audience and build your fanbase.
- Performing live can bring in more money than recordings, publishing and merchandise combined.
- You could win over more fans and make more money playing houses rather than clubs.
- Use social media to stay in close touch with her community, noting that Facebook is her most active channel.
- The New Artist Model is such a valuable tool. That inspired me to put together a sponsorship application.